Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week One...Check!

I am excited to say that I have made it out of week one and that I am officially in week two of  being without my hubby. This is not an easy job but I am currently participating in a chapter of my life that has left me full of joy and peace when others might think I have it rough. While Andy has been away for one full week now, I do admit I have shed many tears and had several "pity parties" for myself. I am sure I will partake in a few more of those moments but I will gladly take them as they come. God has given me strength to be separated from my husband when I didn't think it was possible. I know that He has been preparing me for some time now to face this. When we first got married I remember thinking to myself that I would never be able to be separated from Andy. Five years later I can admit that this time apart has given me a new appreciation for my relationship with my husband. I have witnessed wives getting frustrated with their husbands over silly things this week and it makes me wish that I could hold mine a little tighter and tell him how much I do appreciate him and the time I get to be with him. This chapter has brought me closer to God and closer to my husband. It has not been easy but it has been rewarding.

Other things I am excited about is bible study starting back up again this week and starting a new lesson at church! First, I am starting a Beth Moore bible study on James on Wednesday night and at church on Sunday we are beginning the study on the Book of Acts. I am very eager to begin studying both of these and see what God has in store for me. I am craving his word and growing spiritually with Him. 


Highlights of Week One:
*Growing closer to God
*Focusing more on my kids-forming better bedtime habits and routines
*Hanging out with my sister Jen and her family--playing Just Dance 3 on the Wii
*Experiencing the love and support from friends and family...it's been very humbling
*Reconnecting with a friend from high school, Miss Angie! It is exciting to see God working in her life!
*Putting Andy on speaker phone to pray with us at night--it felt like he was in the room with us for just a moment!

Struggles I faced in Week One:
*The biggest one: Loneliness-I am learning to lean on God in times when I feel alone. Throughout the day I feel lonely and depressed just knowing that Andy won't be coming home for a while. It is one thing that I struggle with the most while he is gone. On the bright side I am learning to enjoy the simple things with my children and am allowing their laughter to be sunshine in my life.
*Easily disappointed--Mostly from unrealistic expectations of others. I simply get ideas in my head about things that might happen and when they don't, I allow it to get me down. I am learning to live a life of contentment (with God's help) and have less unrealistic expectations of others.

I will try to keep track of the time while Andy is away so that I can look back and see all that I have experienced. I am honored that God has chosen me to face this challenge. I know he will give me all the necessary tools to cope while Andy is gone. I trust that He will get me through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com