Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Week 2 Curse

In case you are unfamiliar with The Biggest Loser, let me introduce to you the dread of Week 2. It's notorious for low weight loss on the show in week 2 because the contestants bodies just lost an astronomical amount of weight in week one. So their bodies are trying to catch up with them. Well my emotional life had the same affect in week two. I got a head of myself, possibly stuck my foot in my mouth (too soon!) and was unrealistic about how hard this challenge was going to be. It started out okay. But turned to mush by Tuesday. Kenna had a really bad meltdown in Walmart. Really bad. Let's just say that was the first and last time I will let that happen. Since that day the tears haven't really stopped. I feel like an emotional pregnant woman, except that I am not preggers. I know this is going to be a process and that I have to take one day at a time.

Some highlights of the week:
* Bible Study started! I cannot explain how happy this makes me! I have been waiting patiently for this to start! And to add to it, my church is currently studying the Book of Acts which has played a vital role in my homework this week in James-it is SO COOL how God timed the study of both books in my life!
* Sleepover at my In-Laws! Besides Kenna waking at 5 am and only wanting Grandma to rock her, it was really helpful to be around some family since my lonely meter was empty!
*I began working out with a friend this week to try to tone up! I am motivated to eat better and slim down for summer time!

Challenges in Week Two:
*Too much ALONE time! Although I was given opportunities to hang out with some friends/family this week-I was either too tired or too emotional. I spent the week feeling drained and empty. So I secluded myself more than regular but decided to focus on my kids and bible study to keep my going.
*Getting sick..... I came down with some nasty bug going around. Head ache, chills, sore-throat, fatigue, stomach ache's. This prevented me from having emotional energy as well.
*Oh the voice-mails! I feel so bad about how many voice-mails I still have not responded to this last week! I am learning that I cannot take every call that comes my way and that I have to let some stuff go to voice-mail. My goal is to tackle one thing at a time, so if I have not returned your call--please don't be offended as I am busy being a full time mommy! :)

It is safe to say that I became emotionally drained and exhausted this week. I am truly thankful for my In-Laws coming to my rescue a few times! I really hope to be as awesome as they are when the kids are grown! I know I was more negative expressing my feelings about week 2 but I have to be real and I have to be myself. I know that I will gain strength as time goes on. I also can't complain too much since I get to see my hubby in 10 days! Andy gets to come home for 4-5 days and see his family! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

I have some bible verses written down that I will post in a few days that have kept my on my feet as things have gotten rough. I know that SO many women out there are away from their husbands for much longer than I will be away from mine and I must say that I admire them beyond what words can express! Hug your loved ones and keep them close! We must not take even one day for granted! Here is to Week 3....when things begin looking up again!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Jilly! We're praying for you! This too shall pass.

    I love you blog--you're an inspiration to so many young mothers, I believe.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marlene!!! Your support and prayers keep me going!! I know God is present and is working in our lives! I am blessed to truly have such great friends and family! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com