Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanks

I have seen it year after year. A number of people share what they are thankful for every day in November. I have decided to jump on the Thankful bandwagon and join this group of humble thankful people. I should do this all year long but for now I will commit myself to do it everyday in November. I am excited to see the outcome!

30 Days of Thanks
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name." Psalm 100:4 

November 1st: I am thankful for my husband. He is my rock. He makes me a better person and completes me. He has taught me what it means to love unconditionally and has been my best friend through thick and thin. I can rely on him to provide for our family and always be a hard worker. I am thankful he is the man God planned for me to marry. I am blessed beyond words!

November 2nd: Today I am thankful for my bible study. I am currently studying the book of Revelation with Beth Moore and it has been such a humbling experience. I am learning so much about myself, life, and the word of God. It has been a revelation to read Revelation, if that makes sense. God has revealed himself to me in ways I didn't think was possible. I love getting into the word and breaking it down. 

November 3rd: Today's thanks may not sound genuine but I say it from the bottom of my heart. I am so thankful for these silly things: a working shower, washer & dryer, dishwasher, working utilities and a roof over our head. Sometimes I take for granted the little things like hot water. Last month our water heater stopped working and we had to get a new one. It was $350 we didn't have to spend fixing a water heater but I was so thankful we were able to get it fixed. People all across the world don't have enough clothes, food and water, or even a place to live. I am always wanting something new so I have been praying that God will give me a heart of contentment and peace and that I will be more grateful for what I have. 

November 4th: I am thankful for my parents and all that they have done to make me the person I am today. On Wed. Nov. 2nd my mom turned 50! Today we are celebrating her birthday. She has been a great person to look up to and has recently become an amazing Christian example in my life. My mother became a born-again Christian as well as my dad last year and watching them grow with God has been a joy! 

November 5th: Thankful for my kids. They are my life! I am so happy I am a mom! The best thing is watching them learn. Going through each new stage brings excitement! It's been the best thing to happen to me next to marrying my best friend! 

November 6th: Having a roof over my head comes as one of the top things I am thankful for! We have almost owned our house for 3 years (in January) and it's been such a blessing! The fact Andy has had work consistently with this economy plays a vital role and all thanks goes to God! I love being able to have friends and family over to our house and the game nights that go down as well!

November 7th: Thankful for my amazing In-Laws. I love them to death! They are such great people and have been amazing examples for Andy and I. They have been there to support us through everything. They are wonderful grandparents who are very loved by Ethan and McKenna. They have the biggest hearts and are always going out of their way for others! Excellent role-models! I am a blessed and proud daughter-in-law! 

November 8th: I am so thankful for my new fleece sheets for my bed! I am in LOVE! They are the most comfortable warm sheets I have ever had. I used to use flannel sheets until I got my first set of fleece sheets for my birthday from Grandma Sue! Thanks again Sue!

November 9th: I am thankful that I have been given the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. It isn't always easy but it's always worth it. I love being able to focus on my family. It has been a huge blessing that will leave me forever thankful! God knows what He is doing and I am glad He knows what is best for me! 

November 10th: Today I am thankful God forgives. There have been times in my life where I have made wrong choices but I have been able to turn to God, fall on my knees, and repent. I am fully forgiven by God and this have given me the ability to learn to forgive others as well.  

November 11th: I am thankful for the "Talks" I get to have on Friday's with Grandma Sue. It has been a great experience sharing things with her and opening up. I have a connection with her and admire the way she has raised her family. I look up to her and hope to be half the woman she is one day. She is an amazing Godly example.

November 12th: I am thankful for days when I get to spend time with my little family. Andy might drive me nuts by the end of the weekend after he's chased the kids up and down the house but hearing the kids giggles and screams never get old. It's the little things. Laughter is contagious! 

November 13th: Today's sermon at church was exactly what I needed. I am thankful we made it to church today so we could hear the message. I love getting into the word and breaking down scripture. I am thankful we live in a country where we have the freedom of religion! 

November 14th: Thankful for my families health. We don't have any major medical conditions or diseases. We continue to praise God for our health! 

November 15th: I am thankful for the friends in my life! Each and every one of them are special to me in their own way! My friends have been there for me and allowed me to be there for them. No matter how long I have known some of my friends or how short I have been friends with others...I am so happy that I have such great people in my life! 

November 16th: I am thankful for my sisters! I don't know what I would have done if I was an only child! Who would I annoy, look up, and grow to love if it was just me!? My sisters share a piece of my life that no one else does. We have some amazing memories in our lives and amazing parents that we can look up! Love you Jamie and Jen!

November 17th: I am thankful for Les Schwab! I got the struts fixed on our truck today and now the truck drives smooth! It has been a 'rocky' month or two for us (literally!). Glad she is all fixed up and ready for the wintery months!

November 18th: Today I am thankful for a washing machine with a sanitize cycle! Last night McKenna go the stomach flu and this came in handier than ever! Nothing more reassuring than clean bedding! It is a materialist thing to be thankful for but I really am grateful I have it! 

November 19th: I am thankful that my children have friends! Friends are so important to have in life! McKenna has given me the opportunity to realize what it means to love your friends. Haha! She loves to see her best friend Sophia and when she does get to see her she loves to stop anything she is doing and hang out with her. It's the little things!    

November 20: I am grateful my in-laws came over today and put garland and Christmas lights on my front porch! It's little things like this that put a perma-smile  on my face! I will be excited for the next month as I plug in our lights every night when it's dark and pull the blinds open so the kids can look out the window! 

November 21: Thankful that I got to sleep in today in my warm cozy bed! I have spent the weekend catching up on homework and stayed up way too late each night and got up early the next day! Although it puts me behind for the day, it's night to sit at home and be lazy!  

November 22: I am thankful for coupons! Couponing has allowed me to buy my kids clothing for cheaper than regular price! It has been a blessing that we can buy our necessities for an affordable price and stretch our money further!  Now to learn how to coupon grocery food!!!! 

November 23: Thanksgiving Break officially starts today! I am unbelievably thankful I got my homework finished and all my assignments turned in for my final portfolio! Now I can focus on baking, cleaning, and spending time with my family! YAY! :) 

November 24: I am thankful for MY FAMILY on this special day of Thanks! I look forward to over-eating, laughing, and making the most of this holiday with my family! Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for!  

November 25: Thankful God forgives. His forgiveness has made it possible for me to see his love and graciousness. It is because of Him that I am able to love and forgive others. Such a big blessing! 
  
November 26: Thankful I live in a state where we get to see all 4 seasons. I might complain about the weather from time to time, but I really am grateful we get a little bit of everything here in Idaho.

November 27: I am thankful for God's word. Every Sunday I am reminded of how great God's word is. It never gets old. Today I have been reminded of how I should be and that I have Jesus as a perfect example to follow. So I am thankful for Jesus! 

November 28: Thankful to have the blessing to be at home with my children today. We are preparing for Christmas coming up and have been planning ways to serve others. I have challenged myself to give back this Christmas. I am looking forward to see what God has planned for us. 

November 29: I am thankful for children's laughter. Laughter is contagious and I need it in my life to keep the smile on my face! I am thankful God made our bodies capable of laughing! 

November 30: Thankful that other people have such big hearts and continue to spread hope in this world. With Christmas right around the corner, it's been a blessing seeing people's lives touched by others generosity. It inspires me to give more to others! 

Whew! I did my 30 days of Thanks! Some things I am thankful for I didn't share on here. Some stuff was extremely private and other things I didn't share was to keep privacy for others. This experience has been incredibly beneficial for me. Throughout the day I stop and think about reasons I am thankful. I have done this before but now I am making a daily effort to be thankful for more. I give God ALL my thanks because ALL THINGS are possible through Him. (Matthew 19:26) 

1 comment:

  1. Aww Jilly .... love you so much! What a blessing you are to our family! And what a pleasure to watch you and Andy love and nurture our precious grandchildren. So proud of you and the young woman you are becoming in Christ. Herb and I are thankful for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com